Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jul 2007 14:05:29 -0400
Ben Parker wrote on 07/03/2007 01:34:07 PM:

> I'm not aware of any RFC that defines this spec.  But historically, the
actual
> spec is EOL+dash+dash+space+EOL.  i.e. no leading space, but a following
one.
> Many implementations accept EOL+dash+dash+EOL as equivalent.

Any reference for that?  Our users have come up with any number of
creative ways to offset their signature block.  Some use long strings of a
non-alphanumeric, or alternating dash/equals or alternating plus/asterisk
or any other combination of two or more characters repeated up to 80 or
more characters total.

Don't get me started on those that want an image of their actual signature
or other picture in the sig.