Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 15:03:31 -0400
Example of what happens with dualhdr; the ---Information--- section is what
gets added.

>From   IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "LISTSERV give-and-take forum"
>        7-MAR-1995 14:40:25.78
>To     IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "Multiple recipients of list LSTSRV-L"
>CC:
>Subj:  RE: Header > Question

>Sender:       LISTSERV give-and-take forum <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       "S. PETE HOYLE" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Header > Question
>
>A note dated  Tue, 7 Mar 1995 08:09:37 -0800  asked:
>> To:             Multiple recipients of list LSTSRV-L

[rest of Pete Hoyle's note deleted]

>Finally,  the "Dual" header option causes the listserv to make an
>extra copy of the headers in the body of the note. This is invaluable
>for people who are forced to use crippled mail systems that insist on
>throwing away certain header lines. The most usual of these either do

In our case, the mailer *can* be set to include the full address path, but
so few people want it that the postmaster can't see his way clear to
setting it that way for *all* the people in this organization.  I can see
his point, alas.  Nonetheless, I prefer not to think of it as a broken or
crippled mailer, just a setting that, for the rest of the organization, is
perfectly splendid, but for me is perfectly dreadful.  And that's the way
it goes.

>placing the extra copy of the headers in the body where (with luck)
>the mailer will not delete the information.

Our mailer allows dualhdr; I tried the other settings -- no luck.  And, of
course, crippled "listserv" type programs (i.e., programs that are *like*
Listserv (TM) but aren't Listserv (TM) itself) haven't got the option in
the first place.  *That* is where I am *completely* blind.

>  Pete Hoyle - William & Mary Technology Services Computing Support

Mario Rups