UB Listserv Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:34:46 -0500
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Valdis Kletnieks wrote:

> Have you checked the Listserv log to see if there's a message in there?
>
> I've seen several cases where a user posts in HTML, but they are behind a
> fascist nuke-the-HTML gateway.  As a result, what actually happens is that
> when it gets to Listserv, there's no body left, and Listserv bounces it with
> a "distribution of empty messages not allowed" error...
>
> Or maybe said fascist gateway is totally stomping the mail....

Well, the body of the messages are distributed to the list, minus attachments,
like they were never included. It's not always happening, definately it is
intermittent or sporadic, but seems to happen more often when things are sent
with Outlook Express 5.5 than any other version of Outlook or Outlook Express
(don't ask me why in the world are people still using express 5.5, I ask myself
the same question).

And I've noticed something similar to what you mention, Valdis. Sometimes
people send commands to the listserv address and they come back as "command not
found in body". I've done this myself many times, the only problem is, I'm not
behind a firewall or gateway! Here's a sample from earlier, I sent an HTML
command in and CC'd myself. First is the copy CC's to me in raw format
w/headers: