Brent Hetland <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 2 May 2016 17:12:06 +0000
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to ListServ (16.0) and have a novice level question about configuration settings. I really don't like the "---" entry in many of the dropdown list boxes.

Q. If a setting's list box does have the "---" selected, does that mean the default value for that setting is in affect?

For example, I'm looking at the Auto-Delete setting for a list and it is set to "---". The Type is also set to "---".
The help file for that setting tells me:  The default value is "Auto-Delete=Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(4),Max(100)" for lists coded "Validate=No" and "Auto-Delete= No" for all other lists.

So then I go look at the Security configuration and again, the Validate dropdown is set to "---".
The help file for that setting tells me:  The Default is No.

So, if "---" means the default is being applied, I know that Validate is set to No and Auto-Delete is set to Yes,Semi-Auto,etc...

Can anyone confirm that is how it works?

Thanks in advance.
Brent