Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:57:55 +0000
I would just post the intranet URL of the alert to the list.

  Eric

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jones, Melvin
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 14:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Listserv as a Repository

We have a network that is behind a VPN.  I installed a Listserv server and I have some of our alerts going to the Listserv.  There has been a request for us not to send out the actual alerts because they contain information like IP address and hostnames.  What we are trying to figure out is if there is a way to send the alert to Listserv, but rather than have it send out that same email, have it send out a message just saying that a message has been received on the list.  At that point the users would log in to the VPN and connect directly to the server through the web interface and check the messages there.  Does anyone know if that is possible?  I've thought of some ways to do it using two lists and creating a shell script as a mail alias, but I was wondering if that functionality is contained in the server itself?

Thanks