"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 15:28:18 EST
We have large numbers of computer naive (more like indifferent) students
who subscribe to lists and then quit using the computer or reading their
mail without signing off these lists.  No problem... I just "tell listserv
at wherever delete listname somekid@sjumusic" (the student system).
Lately I've been getting told that somekid isn't on the list and when I
review the list I see that many of the bitnet node based ID's are of the
form [log in to unmask]  I can't delete the user
because I really am not a techrep for NEARBY.  Is there something about
my sites configuration that I should be fixing to prevent this?  Should
LISTSERV be smart enough to handle this percent uh, stuff?  Is it acceptable
netiquette to send site list-(owners | master) requests that they manually
de-percent their lists?  -Kary.