Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jul 1991 17:39:18 +0200
On  Fri,  26  Jul  1991  00:54:00 EST  "Terry  Kennedy,  Operations  Mgr"
<TERRY@SPCVXA> said:

>  Note that this  user appears to be having the  same problem I reported
>to this  list (with no response)  about a week  ago. In our case,  we do
>have an  :internet tag defined, and  are getting back _mailed_  "you are
>not  subscribed"   message  from   LISTSERV  in   response  to   a  SEND
>LISTSERV@somewhere SIGNOFF message.

Perhaps  because that  person is  not subscribed,  or subscribed  under a
cluster nodename, or whatever.

>The odd thing is that LISTSERV is sending it back with the personal name
>of the subscriber filled in, an item  that is _impossible_ to get from a
>SEND command.

But it is very possible to get  from the user's entry in SIGNUP FILE. Try
sending a 'RELEASE' command via mail from the same account.

  Eric