Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Tue, 15 Dec 87 10:00:00 EST
>A server always believe that it is up to date. It can't know when it's
>outdated. Just because we're the 10th of december doesn't mean that we
>should have the VERS8712 update installed, for example. So how do you
>want a hint as to which server is outdated?? /Eric
One possibility is for the message to list ALL listservs which touched
that piece of mail on its way.  Certainly it is one of those
listservers.  They might also include the date/time of their network
configuration files (BITEARN NODES, PEERS NAMES, LINKSWT FILE, whatever
else) and version of listserv.  Given this, a human can most likely
figure out who to complain to, which reminds me, the message should
also contain the name/address of the maintainer of each of those
listservs.
-njg