"F. Scott Ophof" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jul 1993 18:07:08 -0400
On 13 Jul 1993 13:38:03 GMT Chris Barnes said:
>On Mon, 12 Jul 1993 16:44:49 -0400 F. Scott Ophof said:
>>   Listname:  Name of List <listaddr@...>
>I totally agree with the intent, but not the implementation.  *I*
>think merely refining what the Sender: and From: tags indicate would
>do it.  IMHO, the Sender: tag should have the list address (if present);
>the From: tag should ALWAYS point to the real person that initiated the
>mail message.

I think you will discover in RFC 822 that "Sender:" is not the
formally correct header for this purpose.  Agreed re "From:".
I've been playing around with combinations of headers (as many
others must have already) but literal & figurative headaches were
the only result.

>BTW:  does anyone know of an ftp site for rfc822?  I think it's high time
>I actually sat down and read the thing.....

Site: wuarchive.wustl.edu
Directory: doc/rfc/
File: rfc822.txt.Z         (case-sensitive)

Regards.
$$\