Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 12:16:12 -0400
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, A. Harry Williams wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:23:17 -0400 Listserv Manager said:
>>For example, the deletes I sent via REGISTER ... OFF last night aren't yet
>>reflected in the SIGNUP files (which have today's time stamps) although if
>>I attempt to delete them again, they aren't there. So I presume this stuff
>>is cached in memory, but I have no idea when the files will reflect the
>>changes.
>
>Look farther down in the SIGNUP file.  There should be an entry
>with the userid@nodeid and a blank name.

Yes- you are correct. But curiously, a whole bunch that I did earlier
were deleted. One difference, although it may not be relevant, is that
these are "weird" addresses, such as

The driving force behind doing this is to get the size of the SIGNUP files
down to allowable amounts, and if a second entry is going into the file,
then the files are just getting bigger!