Matthew Black <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:47:15 +0000
Sorry to rehash this topic. I wasn't paying attention at the time and have been working through the old posts on the list's web forum.

Has L-Soft developed any documents to better explain this problem? Are there any release notes for 16.0a?

I cannot find where DMARC looks at the From: header as opposed to the SMTP MAIL FROM attribute, which is negotiated during the SMTP conversation. That value is usually reflected in the headers Return-Path: or Sender: That MAIL FROM is usually [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. It is unclear from the thread whether DMARC examines the From: header as opposed to the message sender.

Thanks.

matthew black
california state university, long beach