"Warhurst, SI (Spencer)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:50:26 -0000

That's not very sympathetic to the user is it? Surely any system that
provides a method of communication should attempt to be as user-friendly as
possible and where it cannot be user-friendly it should at least expain why
not. Maybe they have overloaded the concept of CC: but how are they to know
that? Your average user doesn't sit around chewing internet standards for
breakfast.

> With e-mail transport and e-mail clients such as they are, expecting
> mail header presentation and functional capabilities at an
> e-mail client
> you don't control or even know ... is doomed to at least occasional
> failure.

Maybe so, but you can't ignore the fact that say 90% (guesstimate) of the
audience for your product cannot see the Comments: field in their email
client. Or can you? (I'm not a software developer ;-)

> It is much better to educate authors to include all relevant
> information in the body of the message.

Yeah, I agree education is part of it.. which is why I made suggestion no.3.

Spencer