"John, Laura" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:58:57 -0700
Pete Weiss wrote:

>Can't be done in the B_B.

<snip>

>Even if they are explicitly told their "old" address, most can't do
anything
>about that anyways and will STILL need to contact you.

It's fine if they contact us, it's just that sometimes I can't figure out
what the subscribed address is. And no matter how polite I am, the users
usually don't understand that we have no way of knowing what address they
subscribed under -- after all, they are getting the newsletter. So, I was
thinking that I could say "Forward me your last newsletter and I'll be happy
to unsubscribe you."

>The standard template that LISTSERV(R) generates to a non-subscriber who
>tries to UNSUBSCRIBE is just as valid for your problem identification
>procedure w/o the extreme overhead of having LISTSERV(R) create an
>individualized email for each of your subscribers.

Unfortunately, they *do* get the message and they still can't figure it out.
Maybe it's just our users <shrug>

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Laura