Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 09:20:03 +0100
I  have  dealt  with  the  "snotty broad"  myself  and  I  can  certainly
understand Dave  Gomberg's frustration. However, this  was *before* David
O'Donnell took over as postmaster. In  fact, I understand that David took
over largely as  a result of the frustration and  complaints generated by
this other person :-) Since then  I haven't had any complaint about AOL's
responsiveness.  The former  postmaster  may have  behaved  in a  totally
unacceptable way on some occasions, but AOL took prompt action to replace
her with  a competent and service-minded  person, and I don't  think it's
appropriate to hold  a grudge against AOL  for old problems. As  far as I
can tell David is doing an excellent  job in spite of all the stones that
people are casting at him and AOL. I wish I could say the same of all the
other large service providers... And, no, I don't own any of AOL's stock.
I just  think that,  for all its  problems, it's one  of the  few service
providers  with a  responsive  postmaster function,  and  we list  owners
should know better than to throw stones at them for that :-)

  Eric