"Eckard, Steven" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 13:19:02 -0500
Paul, thanks. That makes sense. I think we are going to just disable it and have the questions go into a form that forwards to the helpdesk and ultimately to Systems and probably me.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Russell
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: tech support

On 3/4/2010 11:32, Eckard, Steven wrote:
> Not sure about that. I have found out that we have never used this. We have a site to go to to request a list and are going to incorporate questions into that, which will then go to our Helpdesk and to Systems. Thanks for the response.

The List Management Dashboard web page contains a section labelled 'Technical
Support' with a clickable image of a life preserver.  The link leads to a page
from which the user can submit a problem report or question.  By default, the
page is designed to send the message to support@[hostname], and 'support' is
presumed to be a local list.  I did a quick search of the Site Administrator's
Manual, but did not find anything about this, so I cannot tell you where it is
documented.

I think I found out the hard way, but trying to test the function, then pinging
L-Soft tech support when it didn't work.  Unless you want to disable the link on
the List Management Dashboard, the simplest solution is to create a list named
'support', then add yourself and other support staff as subscribers.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team