"Emsley, I (Iain)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 15:17:11 +0100
Many thanks for your help on this.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stan Horwitz
Sent: 04 June 2007 14:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Mac Mail and HTML digests

On Jun 4, 2007, at 4:29 AM, Iain Emsley wrote:

> I work as one of a support team and have just had a query from one of
> our list owners.
>
> They have several recipients use Macs (OSx10.4.9) and Mac Mail to
> receive the HTML digest. It formats without problems but when the
> users come to click on the actual message links, it attempts to tried
> to open it as a file on the local computer rather than linking to the
> actual message archive.
>
> I've tried this on Thunderbird and Outlook without any issues
> (although my GMail account came up blank when it opened the message).
>
> We use Listserv 14.8.
>
> Does anybody have an idea why this is happening and what we can do to
> either work around the issue or fix it?

I am a long time Mac user, as well as a user of Apple's Mail.app and my
understanding is that Apple's Mail.app lacks support for some of the
HTML elements that  LISTSERV embeds into its HTML digests. We Mac /
LISTSERV users have two choices with regard to this issue. We can either
subscribe to the list(s) in a different mode or use Thunderbird or
Outlook (as you discovered).