Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:35:16 -0400
The CHANGE command doesn't require having a list - wildcard may be used. You can do them all at once, with this:

  change * *@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu *@uiowa.edu

for all lists you have owner authority over.

Now on the other hand, if your situation is that the old '8characters' are not the same as the new 'firstname-lastname' then the situation is not very convenient - unless you already have something that can "map" the one to the other somehow.  In that case you probably would need to write some scripting to turn what you have into CHANGE command format.

>>> "Lacy, Feather A" <[log in to unmask]> 04/11/08 11:05 AM >>>
We just eliminated an email system that had about 30,000 users. Many of them were subscribed to our LISTSERV lists.

Their old address was of the form [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Their new address is of the form [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Does anyone have an easy way to get a list of the old address, [log in to unmask], that are still subscribed to our 1200 lists? (Once I get that list, apparently I can issue a CHANGE command to change them all to their new addresses.)

L-Soft Support suggested that I can use the Review or Scan commands, but then a lot of cut and paste will be involved.

Thanks,
Feather Lacy
Research & Development Project Leader
ITS - Campus Technology Services