Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:53:03 -0500
At 14:23 03/05/2004 Friday, Garrie Burr wrote:
 >No one else on the list has been receiving multiple copies.  We
 >unsubscribed him after the multiple copies the first day.
 >
 >According to the headers he forwarded from the first three they seem to be
 >all coming from our system, but we don't see that to be the case on our
 >logs.  I've called and emailed the support for his Internet Provider, but
 >so far no response.  He's using Outlook to access his email, so I don't
 >know if there's some problem with when he's uploading his new mail from
 >the server, except that it doesn't make sense that this particular posting
 >would be the only one that's multiplied.
 >
 >Any suggestions on where else to look?

Look at your SMTP delivery logs; do an DNS MX analysis (how many are
there?); take a much closer look at the dups -- place them side by side
with ALL Received: line headers.  Read from the bottom->UP looking for
where the lines change (maybe a date-stamp or a spool ID).  That RECEIVED
line is where the problem resides (most likely).

/Pete