Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Sep 90 23:22:16 O
> c)  nastygramming  would  be  nice  but then  where  do  you  send  the
>    nastygram? Obviously  you can't  tell the  affected users  that they
>    don't receive mail  because the gateway is broken (I  had cases when
>    there was a domain-style mail rejected  and I had an NJE address but
>    whenever  you tried  to send  something  there it  was converted  to
>    domain-style and then got rejected).

Let's  say  that  when  you  mail to  "[log in to unmask]"  you  get  mail  from
"[log in to unmask]" every hour telling you it has an MTA congestion but
it will  retry for another -34349834  hours so you should  not worry. You
apply action  "discard without  forwarding to  postmaster" to  the daemon
address for YOUR sake,  and for the network's sake you  apply action c to
user "*@xxx.DUH".  Next time they  try to  send something, they  get told
they cannot  use LISTSERV until the  gateway gets repaired. You'll  get a
bunch  of  junk stuff  from  the  daemon,  which  you will  discard,  but
eventually the users will give up  and stop sending commands. They'll put
pressure on  the gatemaster and  there is hope  that the problem  will be
solved.

  Eric