Wayne T Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Feb 2013 13:45:53 -0500
I have an older version of Listserv (14.5), but I've found that errors such
as

07 Feb 2013 10:41:01 -> RCPT TO:<[log in to unmask]>
> 07 Feb 2013 10:41:01 501 5.1.3 Invalid address

 may be the cause of your problem.  SMTP is rejecting mail to this address
during the Listserv->SMTP handoff.  My version of Listserv does not handle
this.  I think it a Listserv bug.  LSoft thinks it should be worked around
by an SMTP server configuration (to delay the rejection and present via
bounce mail).  My SMTP sysadmin says "Nuts!".  Of course this is years
later and my memory may be faulty.

In any event, edit the oldest ".mail" file in spool and remove the line
that has this address. (If this is the only address in the delivery list,
discard the ".mail" file).  Your queue of ".mail" files will disappear (if
there are not other addresses with the same problem.  If the ".mail" don't
all go away, look again in listserv.log for additional RCPT messages.

Of course, if the directions above don't work because that address is not
present, this is not your problem.

Cheers, Wayne