"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Feb 1992 12:09:57 EST
On Fri, 21 Feb 1992 15:29:19 EST Ratilal Haria said:

>Since there seems to be lots of system out there who may have similar
>problem, I am giving the solution that works.
>
>Mark Wilson ([log in to unmask]) suggested using LOOPCHECK=NONE
>setting on each list that you control. Since I have only a few lists
>I control it will do.
But then your users will subscribe to some list on my Listserv,
and you will come hat-in-hand to me, and ask me to change
that list to LOOPCHECK=NONE, and I will refuse.  Jim's point
being that there are a lot of pain-in-the-neck postmasters
like me who will refuse to run LOOPCHECK=NONE.  We are tired
of all the stupid games the mailers play with rejected mail,
and will take the path that prevents runaway lists, and
more complaints from users.

>Thanks again ... Ratilal
/ahw