"Janusz S. Bie/n" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 11:05:30 CET
>From: Norm Aleks <[log in to unmask]>
[...]
>Now that I look at it, the answer isn't obvious from what I've written --
>but the point is that if you set your headers to something besides
>"Short" or "Dual," LISTSERV will stop filtering out the MIME stuff. If
>you want LISTSERV to keep its hands off them entirely, IETF's the one
>to use.

It seems to me that LISTSERV used to strip MIME headers when
placing the posting in the list archive - if I am right, then is it
stil doing it?

What is the advantage of using FULLhdr instead of IETFhdr?

BTW, I know IETF stands for Internet Engineering Task Force, but why
this abreviation was chosen to mean a specific type of header?

Janusz S. Bien
Institute of Informatics, Warsaw University