"Helmke,Richard A" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Jun 2018 13:15:41 +0000
I recently migrated a LISTSERV 16.0 system to a new host running RHEL 7.5 (Oracle Linux 7.5) and LISTSERV 16.5.  Everything seems to be functioning normally, but SELINUX was turned off.

Now that the migration is complete, we would like to turn SELINUX.  We started by running with SELINUX in 'permissive' mode for several weeks and then followed the steps outlined in the whitepaper "Using LISTSERV with Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux)".  Many things work like receiving messages, posting and archiving, and distribution.  Some do not -- like being able to use the webinterface to read some archived messages.  We have run the the steps in the whitepaper several times over several days to 'update' the SELINUX rules without any noticeable change in behavioir.

I know the simple answer is "just don't run SELINUX".  However, I would like to take advantage of the extra layer of security.  If you are running SELINUX in 'enforcing' mode on RHEL 7.x, did you have to make any changes to the steps outlined in the whitepaper?

Rich Helmke