Bill Rubin <WGRCU@CUNYVM>
Fri, 24 Apr 1987 08:39 EDT
A couple of comments. This is the sort of thing that if done by the
Bitnic people would be criticized as incompetent and arrogant and they
don't know what they're doing. Yet I don't see that opinion expressed
here, for the most part.

Furthermore, causing one's slightly backlevel server to crash will only
server as ammunition by those opposed to LISTSERV at their site to stop
running it altogether. I'm willing to agree that people not at 1.5h (or
maybe even g) should be removed from the backbone, but don't crash their
server. It is not your place to decide what priorities should be at
other sites. There may be good reasons why people did not put up a new
release.

There's my two cents.

Bill