Steve Price <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:16:03 -0600
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 10:44:43AM +1100, Michael Shannon wrote:

> it appears to me that you're looking in entirely the wrong place.
> Whenever LISTSERV refers to a 'template' you'll almost always find it in
> either the default.mailtpl or default.wwwtpl files.  In your case, both
> SUB-OPT and S2-RESULTS are in default.wwwtpl.  See Chapter 9 of the Site
> Manager's manual for details about changing templates.
>
> http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/siteindex.html#_Toc9062443

Thanks.  I grabbed a fresh copy of the (PDF) manual just in
case the fresh copy I grabbed on Friday had changed.  In Acrobat
I searched for both of these strings and no occurrences in 364
pages.  I read through chapter 9 and I still don't see them.  I
know how to change the templates as I changed the
{TOP,BOTTOM}_BANNER_HTML values when I upgraded to 1.8e.

My default.wwwtpl doesn't contain either of these templates
either which is why I went hunting in the documentation.  I'd
just blindly create them but I'd rather know what they are
supposed to look like so I don't create other problems.  At
least with {TOP,BOTTOM}_BANNER_HTML at least it was easy to
guess what they were supposed to be because I had examples of
what the text banners were already set as.  However with the
two templates above I can't find an example of them much less
how/where they are used.

An example of what both of these are supposed to look like or
a copy of someone's default.wwwtpl would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-steve