"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Mon, 25 Apr 88 13:54:16 GVA
Hmm... Let me straighten this out: I never intended to generate one reply
per node to the global signoff command, except of course if the issuer is
signed up to a list on each node. This is a bug which has to be fixed.

I will remove all the :lists. stuff from the next version of PEERS NAMES,
which I will send out shortly. Please  do not send me updates with just a
':lists.' tag in it, the LISTS database automatically maintains this info
in a much more accurate way.

The problem with server #111 (DBNGMD12)  comes from the fact that I don't
distribute PEERS  NAMES every time I  make a change to  my copy. However,
when a new LISTSERV gets installed somewhere, I send a copy of my version
of PEERS NAMES to it because the one  in the shipment file (as of the day
I sent the  shipment) is usually outdated (people never  install the code
immediately). I  may also  have to  update the CEARN  server so  that new
postmasters can GET the LCOORD files.

  Eric