"Kern, Thomas (CONTR)" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Dec 2015 16:04:44 +0000
I am the Listserv Admin from Dept. of Energy. I run our Listserv server in a Linux VM on VMWare. We are experiencing the same problem. Since I do not have that much of a customer workload on the server, I have set a cron event to recycle the Listserv process every 15 minutes.

--
Thomas Kern
ActioNet Inc
On contract to
U.S. Department of Energy
(301)903-2211 (Office)
(301)905-6427 (Mobile)
--
A sublety of Murphy's Law:
If it can go wrong, it already has,
and you just haven't realized it yet.

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Crum, Janice (NIH/CIT) [C]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2015 7:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LSTSRV-L] Advise on tuning please

Hello,

I manage the ListServ for the NIH.   Our ListServ server is running in a VMWare virtual environment.  We have recently experienced extensive searches that have negatively impacted the ListSev service.  The end result is users unable to authenticate to ListServ.  A reboot quickly resolves the issue.  Has anyone tackled this issue successfully?  I was wondering if the tuning options would help but I was unable to find information on LSoft's support site.

Any information and/or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Janice Crum