Mon, 24 Feb 1997 15:52:16 EST
>You DID read the 1.8c release notes, didn't you?

Actually no...

Thanks to John Asher for making the suggestion about using a mail template.

Have you looked in the default.mailtpl (or the .mailtpl for your list)?
You may be able to prevent the cc: being sent to the user by changing the
SUB_CLOSED template to something like:

>>> SUB_CLOSED
.QQ

John

I was able to create the template and get listserv to read it. Listserv
1.8a will accept some of the commands, but unfortunately not all...
SUB_CLOSED was not in the default.mailtpl, which is most likely why it
didn't work? This information wasn't documented with 1.8a so I apologize
for using bandwidth. The online docs for 1.8c (very well written) were used.

Anyway, everybody's situation/circumstances will be different. "Assuming"
you are the listserv maintainer, using 1.8c, VM operating system.

Obviously (or maybe not) you may select names, procedures as desired.
Online docs at: http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/index.html
FSV Guide by Ben Chi is also good reading. Get from [log in to unmask]

 get listserv filelist ( ctl
 receive file and add the following line:
 /F/ MAILTMPL FILELIST OWN CTL . . . . . Mail Templates for Lists
 file
 lsvput listserv filelist ( put
 wait for successful confirmation
 create mailtmpl filelist
 lsvput mailtmpl filelist ( put
 get default mailtmpl
 rename listname mailtmpl
 edit as needed  (only the parts that are changed need to be put back)
 lsvput listname mailtmpl ( put

I "believe" this procedure would have had the desired effect I was after
if we had a current version of Listserv? The traffic generated by spoofing
problem has been trimmed, but not completely eliminated. I'm looking forward
to seeing what 1.8c in action! I'll let you know if it fixes the problem! :-)

Thanks again to all who responded. Your comments were most welcomed and
helpful!

Howard