Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Feb 1992 22:19:27 EST
Some people suggested that I do not bother to peer my INDIA-D list again since
the mail-via=dist2 option is efficient enough  for lists that maintain lots of
non-local subscribers.  I have been using mail-via=dist2 for a while so I have
decided not to peer my list again.  I am writing now because this topic raised
an interesting question.

Since mail-via=dist2  is enough  to handle  the load from  lists with  lots of
non-local subscribers, isn't the concept of  peering now obsolete?  The list I
asked about, INDIA-D, is already peered here and I wanted to break it off once
again.  Does  it make  sense to  go the  other way  and take  the list  off my
listserv and give it back to  the person's listserv where it originates?  Does
it make sense to unpeer all lists?  Sorry if this question seems stupid, but I
had to ask anyway.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University