"Richard A. Schafer" <SCHAFER@RICE>
Thu, 09 Apr 87 11:34:53 CDT
>michael,
>am i dreaming or do i have really a better solution for your problem
>(ONE release level for ALL listservs) ?
>- LISTSERV should be updated on the same as b.pasch does it for
>  NETSERV. this means that we all don't have to care about any updates!
>eric: what do you feel about it ?
>                                  -ulrich-
If this means having LISTSERV automatically updated from the network,
I am unalterably opposed to it.  I've seen enough problems with
newly released versions that I will *never* update LISTSERV (or anything
else, for that matter) immediately.  Now that doesn't mean I wait 6
months before installing it, but it means that I have procedures that
I follow before I install the new version, which include letting it
age until the just-after-release bug reports come in.

Richard