Brent Hetland <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Nov 2018 21:10:25 +0000
Thanks, I will check that but netstat showed hat the listserv executable was listening on port 2306.

________________________________
From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of k p <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:55:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Error logging into / connecting to ListServ

The most likely explanation is right there in the error message - the LISTSERV process did not start.

On 11/6/2018 3:43 PM, Brent Hetland wrote:
Hi All,
�
After several years of smooth sailing, all of a sudden today I get the following error when trying to log onto ListServ:

Error during command authentication.

The ListServ website is running on a VM that a company manages, and it appears that the server did restart unexpectedly today (meaning possible config changes may have went into effect, or???), so perhaps they changed something, and I have a support ticket open with them.
�
I can connect to the SQL Server ListServ database server.
The only connection info I see on the ListServ web server, is an ODBC data source, and that data source also connects to the SQL Server where the ListServ database resides.
�
Any ideas where to being?
�
I�ve reached out to ListServ consulting to see if they can get me some support�
�
Thanks,